Serving Northeastern South Dakota for over 50 years, Northeastern Mental Health Center is a community based, family responsive behavioral health resource that enriches the lives of individuals and families.
Northeastern Mental Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Northeastern Mental Health Center is seeking a full-time therapist at our Mobridge location who wishes to become part of our dynamic treatment team. Provide individual, couple and/or family services to NEMHC clients based on effectiveness research models. This includes providing assessments, interacting as a treatment team member with other staff and/or agencies, as well as the provision of emergency services as needed. Northeastern Mental Health Center is an approved site from the National Health Service Corps for school loan repayment for eligible candidates.
Applicant will have a master’s degree in a behavioral health field and two (2) years of professional experience in provision of public or private social work, clinical services, behavioral health, family services, substance abuse and/or other related human services.
Competitive salary and benefit package. Possession of a valid driver’s license, ability to meet NEMHC auto insurance coverage requirements and willingness to travel throughout the NEMHC service area for performance of duties.
Earn extra income by becoming a Respite Foster Parent with Northeastern Mental Health Center’s Almost Home program.
- Flexible hours and training will be provided.
- Previous experience with adolescents preferred.
- Applications available at 14 South Main Street, Suite 1E, Aberdeen, SD.
Professional Foster Parent
Serve as a responsible, positive role model as a Professional Foster Parent for youth ages 13 to 18 years old. The Professional Foster Parent will provide an environment conducive to the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual growth and well-being of the children in their care. Also be part of a professional treatment team and provide a stable home that offers support, guidance and direction to youth in care. Room, board, and training will be provided. Annual individual salary $27,000 or $54,000 combined couple.
Other duties include:
- Responsible to act as foster parent to the children in care; enrolling him/her in an appropriate academic setting, caring for his/her health needs, providing guidance, direction, and adequate direct supervision according to each youth’s needs.
- Assist in preparing for the child’s return to their natural parents. Also, demonstrate a willingness to work with the natural parents when deemed appropriate in the treatment plan.
- Implement treatment goals of child as recommended by the treatment team.
- Responsible for ensuring that nutrition and clothing needs are met.
- Responsible to set clear and fair limits and ground rules.
- Provide transportation to needed services for youth.
- Provide youth with a safe and supportive environment.
- Provide discipline in a manner that provides guidance and redirection while helping youth develop self-control and respect for rights of others.
- Provide for youths medical needs.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn to work as a member of a Treatment Team which will meet periodically to evaluate progress and to plan for the children’s future and permanency.
- Inform treatment team of child’s progress and/or changes.
- Inform clinical supervisor of behavioral, emotional, or situational changes noticed in the child and his/her placement.
- Willingness to accept advice, consultation, and direction from NEMHC staff in regard to behavior management and parenting issues.
Northeastern Mental Health Center offers an excellent benefit package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance. 401(k) retirement plan and long-term disability insurance along with vacation and sick leave.
Applications available at 14 South Main Street, Suite 1E, Aberdeen, SD 57401