Serving Northeastern South Dakota for over 50 years, Northeastern Mental Health Center is a community based, family responsive behavioral health resource that enriches the lives of individuals and families.
Northeastern Mental Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Earn extra income by becoming a Respite Foster Parent with Northeastern Mental Health Center’s Almost Home program.
- Flexible hours and training will be provided.
- Previous experience with adolescents preferred.
- Applications available at 14 South Main Street, Suite 1E, Aberdeen, SD.
Northeastern Mental Health Center is seeking a full-time Case Manager to provide an array of mental health services in our IMPACT program. Candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or higher in a behavioral health field and experience working with families and children.
The IMPACT program, (Individualized Mobile Programs of Community Treatment) will provide quality treatment services for individuals diagnosed with a serious mental illness (SMI) by a qualified; active, and mobile team of treatment professionals. Northeastern Mental Health Center will provide IMPACT services according to the individualized needs and strengths of the clients being served and shall be responsive to cultural differences and special needs. To ensure the delivery of a seamless continuum of highly coordinated services and to work in partnership with clients to assist them in gaining access to needed services and supports in each life domain; case management services will address all life domain areas. These include; but are not limited to, managing finances, employment services, coordinating social and family supports, rehabilitative approaches to daily living skills, and assistance in managing medical/health needs.
Competitive salary and benefit package. Send cover letter/resume to Human Resources, 14 S. Main Street, Suite 1E, Aberdeen, SD 57401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Foster Parent
Serve as a responsible, positive role model as a Professional Foster Parent for youth ages 13 to 18 years old. The Professional Foster Parent will provide an environment conducive to the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual growth and well-being of the children in their care. Also be part of a professional treatment team and provide a stable home that offers support, guidance and direction to youth in care. Room, board, and training will be provided. Annual individual salary $27,000 or $54,000 combined couple.
Other duties include:
- Responsible to act as foster parent to the children in care; enrolling him/her in an appropriate academic setting, caring for his/her health needs, providing guidance, direction, and adequate direct supervision according to each youth’s needs.
- Assist in preparing for the child’s return to their natural parents. Also, demonstrate a willingness to work with the natural parents when deemed appropriate in the treatment plan.
- Implement treatment goals of child as recommended by the treatment team.
- Responsible for ensuring that nutrition and clothing needs are met.
- Responsible to set clear and fair limits and ground rules.
- Provide transportation to needed services for youth.
- Provide youth with a safe and supportive environment.
- Provide discipline in a manner that provides guidance and redirection while helping youth develop self-control and respect for rights of others.
- Provide for youths medical needs.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn to work as a member of a Treatment Team which will meet periodically to evaluate progress and to plan for the children’s future and permanency.
- Inform treatment team of child’s progress and/or changes.
- Inform clinical supervisor of behavioral, emotional, or situational changes noticed in the child and his/her placement.
- Willingness to accept advice, consultation, and direction from NEMHC staff in regard to behavior management and parenting issues.
Northeastern Mental Health Center offers an excellent benefit package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance. 401(k) retirement plan and long-term disability insurance along with vacation and sick leave.
Applications available at 14 South Main Street, Suite 1E, Aberdeen, SD 57401