Serving Northeastern South Dakota for over 50 years, Northeastern Mental Health Center is a community based, family responsive behavioral health resource that enriches the lives of individuals and families.
Northeastern Mental Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Earn extra income by becoming a Respite Foster Parent with Northeastern Mental Health Center’s Almost Home program.
- Flexible hours and training will be provided.
- Previous experience with adolescents preferred.
- Applications available at 14 South Main Street, Suite 1E, Aberdeen, SD.
Full-time Medical Records Coordinator at Northeastern Mental Health Center. Maintain client records to ensure quality record keeping in compliance with state, federal, and organizational standards. Also acting Privacy and Security officer to ensure HIPAA compliance in regards to records and security of protected health information.
Major Duties include:
Knowledge of community mental health, state, federal, and HIPAA regulations regarding privacy and confidentiality of health information;
Ensure appropriate coordination of release of information in compliance with state, federal, HIPAA and organizational standards;
Develop and maintain a client record system to be responsive to the needs of NEMHC and to ensure quality record keeping and compliance with state, federal, and organizational standards;
Provide training to onsite support and clinical staff in chart maintenance;
Act as privacy officer to assure adherence to organizational policies and procedures regarding the privacy of client health information in compliance with the federal and state laws and NEMHC privacy practices;
Act as security officer to ensure that the physical environment presents the appropriate security of confidential information;
Responsible for keeping record policies and procedures current;
Ability to plan, organize, and analyze work.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field or 2 years experience in a related field.
2 years experience in health information setting. Experience may be substituted for educational requirements on a basis of 1:1. RHIT/RHIA certification preferred.
Competitive salary and full benefit package. Send cover letter/resume to Human Resources, 14 S. Main Street, Ste 1E, Aberdeen, SD 57401 or email email@example.com.
Professional Foster Parent
Serve as a responsible, positive role model as a Professional Foster Parent for youth ages 13 to 18 years old. The Professional Foster Parent will provide an environment conducive to the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual growth and well-being of the children in their care. Also be part of a professional treatment team and provide a stable home that offers support, guidance and direction to youth in care. Room, board, and training will be provided. Annual individual salary $27,000 or $54,000 combined couple.
Other duties include:
- Responsible to act as foster parent to the children in care; enrolling him/her in an appropriate academic setting, caring for his/her health needs, providing guidance, direction, and adequate direct supervision according to each youth’s needs.
- Assist in preparing for the child’s return to their natural parents. Also, demonstrate a willingness to work with the natural parents when deemed appropriate in the treatment plan.
- Implement treatment goals of child as recommended by the treatment team.
- Responsible for ensuring that nutrition and clothing needs are met.
- Responsible to set clear and fair limits and ground rules.
- Provide transportation to needed services for youth.
- Provide youth with a safe and supportive environment.
- Provide discipline in a manner that provides guidance and redirection while helping youth develop self-control and respect for rights of others.
- Provide for youths medical needs.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn to work as a member of a Treatment Team which will meet periodically to evaluate progress and to plan for the children’s future and permanency.
- Inform treatment team of child’s progress and/or changes.
- Inform clinical supervisor of behavioral, emotional, or situational changes noticed in the child and his/her placement.
- Willingness to accept advice, consultation, and direction from NEMHC staff in regard to behavior management and parenting issues.
Northeastern Mental Health Center offers an excellent benefit package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance. 401(k) retirement plan and long-term disability insurance along with vacation and sick leave.
Applications available at 14 South Main Street, Suite 1E, Aberdeen, SD 57401