Northeastern Mental Health Center welcomes all individuals seeking treatment for co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
For appointments and information about Northeastern Mental Health Center programs and services call Monday through Thursday, between 8:00am and 5:00pm and Fridays between 8:00am and 4:00pm.
Individuals seeking services please call 225-1010 and speak with our Admissions office. Admissions staff members will gather basic demographic and insurance information and schedule appointments.
People in need of discounted services should inform our admissions staff members.
Rights of NEMHC Consumers
- To be treated with dignity and respect and have the right to receive NEMHC services regardless of race, color, religion/ spiritual beliefs, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, psychological characteristics political affiliation, income, national origin or disability.
- Personalized services provided by professional staff whose qualifications are made known, including assessment and specific treatment plan.
- The ability to designate or restrict any members of the treatment team.
- If medication is part of the treatment plan, it will only be prescribed by qualified personnel who will discuss the potential risks and benefits of the particular medication(s) prescribed.
- Any and all rights that accompany U.S. citizenship – including, but not limited to:
- The right to refuse extraordinary treatment as provided by South Dakota law;
- The right to be free of any exploitation or abuse;
- The right to seek and have access to legal counsel;
- The right to participate in decision making, related to treatment, to the greatest extent possible.
- There may be other rights granted by U.S. and/or South Dakota law.